Welcome to the Child & Family Strand
Choose a programme below to expand that section and find out some more info about it
The Child and Family team provide high quality, evidence informed programmes to children, young people and their families. The 5 programme areas of this strand are:
1) Intensive Family Support Programme – Intensive Family Support Programme with a specific focus on Hidden Harm. The aim is to integrate community, voluntary & statutory services to enable each child and young person to receive the best outcomes from everybody’s input and support. The Child and Family Worker takes on the coordination role ensuring the focus is on supporting each child’s physical, emotional and educational needs. The Child and Family Worker works with the parents to reduce the number of Adverse Childhood Experiences a child experiences and acts as a ‘good adult’ in the child’s life, buffering the effect of ACES by building resilience.
2) Teen Parent Support Programme – Familibase is one of the 11 national Teen Parent Support Programme projects. The TPSP is a targeted community-based service for young parents under 25, working with mothers antenatal and postnatal, fathers and grandparents.
3) Child & Family Groupwork Programme – A range of developmental groups including evidence-based parenting programmes, parent and baby/toddler groups, baby massage, early literacy groups for babies and toddlers, wellness groups for parents and evidence based therapeutic groups to support young people cope with parental substance misuse.
4) Systemic Trauma Therapy Programme – Individual and family therapy for children and families who have experienced trauma when they are ready to engage in this process. This resource is very limited.
5) The Childcare Fund – available to parents/carers from the local area who are engaging in substance misuse rehabilitative support programmes. The Fund financially supports the attendance of their children in childcare/early years settings. This fund is administered by FamiliBase and funded by Ballyfermot Local Drug and Alcohol Task Force.
The following is a list of programmes that we offer, for further information please contact email@example.com.